Here are 3 ideas to consider:
Wealthy Woman Quote of the Week
1. “It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.” – W.T. Ellis
Did you know?
2. It may not surprise you, but Americans have a rather large problem with stuff.
- There are 48,500 storage units in the U.S. (more than McDonald’s & Starbucks locations combined).
- 80% of the items people keep are never used.
My favorites are:
- A freezer meal for a friend or neighbor
- An experience gift like a hotel night with the kids
- Family photos
Money Move of the Week
3. This year, I saved money by not shopping for Christmas on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Ironic right?!
I still looked for a few specific things I needed, like khaki pants for my daughter’s concert and running shoes for me. But I decided that I would wait to buy Christmas until the deals were done.
There are a few reasons for this:
- Last year, we bought LOADS of extra stuff that wasn’t on the list. Those enticing “lightning deals” worked well!
- My family was in town on Black Friday and I wanted to focus on them.
Did I miss out on deals? I guarantee it. But I’m making more thoughtful Christmas purchases this year, and avoiding the temptation to buy solely because it’s on sale.
What do you think? Do you love or hate the Black Friday/Cyber Monday hubab? Reply and let me know!