125 Best Boss Lady Quotes To Motivate & Move You
Boss Women Quotes You’ll Love in 2022
Are you a boss? As a woman, the chances are that you are!
Whether you are the head of your household or a leader in your company, women are born leaders.
But being a boss isn’t easy. Some days are tough. You have a million things to do. Bills to pay. You’re juggling all the things.
That’s why today, we’re exploring the best boss lady quotes and images to motivate you. Even on your hardest days, you’re a fighter. So, keep up the good fight!
Sassy Boss Babe Quotes
First, these boss lady mindset quotes are full of sass and attitude.
1. “A woman with vision is unstoppable, a woman who is always increasing her skills multiplies. Along with passion, this woman is undeniable.” — Janna Cachola
2. “Well-behaved women rarely make history.” — Laurel Thatcher Ulrich (Pulitzer Prize winner historian)
3. “I’m not bossy, I’m the boss.” — Beyoncé (Award winning musician and actress)
4. “Sometimes you gotta be a beauty and a beast.” — Nicki Minaj (Award winning musician)
5. “I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do.” — Salma Hayek (Actress)
6. “Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams.” — Lady Gaga (Award winning actress and musician)
7. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” –Michele Ruiz (President & CEO of Ruiz Strategies)
8. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”– Ayn Rand (Author)
9. “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together.”– Elizabeth Taylor (Award winning actress)
10. “You might be tempted to underestimate me, but let me save you some time…don’t.” –Jamie Kern Lima (Founder & CEO of IT Cosmetics)
11. “I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a b****, okay.” — Madonna (Award winning musician)
12. “Know that there is no finish line; fortune favors action. Race balls-out toward the extraordinary life that you’ve always dreamed of, or still haven’t had time to dream up. And prepare to have a hell of a lot of fun along the way.” — Sophia Amoruso (Founder Nasty Gal, author)
13. “The more we can break the rules, the better off we’re going to be.” — Indra Nooyi (Former CEO of Pepsi)
14. “She was a wild one; always stomping on eggshells that everyone else tip-toed on.” — Kaitlin Foster (Writer)
15. “She was not fragile like a flower. She was fragile like a bomb.” – unknown
Confidence Boss Lady Quotes
The following female boss quotes help you believe in yourself when the going gets tough.
16. “We need to get women to the point where they aren’t apologizing. It’s time to take ownership in our success.” – Tory Burch (Fashion designer & CCO)
17. “There’s something so special about a woman who dominates in a man’s world. It takes a certain grace, strength, intelligence, fearlessness, and the nerve to never take no for an answer.” ―Rihanna (Award winning musician)
18. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions… Do your thing and don’t care if they like it.” — Tina Fey (Comedian, author)
19. “I am not lucky. You know what I am? I am smart, I am talented, I take advantage of the opportunities that come my way and I work really, really hard. Don’t call me lucky. Call me a badass.” –Shonda Rhimes (Screenwriter, producer, author)
20. You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the water slide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.” –Tina Fey (Comedian, author)
21. “As an entrepreneur, you’ve gotta get good at cheering for yourself, because sometimes you’re the only one doing it. Most people cheer you on after you’ve made it.” –Jamie Kern Lima (Founder & CEO of IT Cosmetics)
22. “Don’t ever make decisions based on fear. Make decisions based on hope and possibility.” — Michelle Obama (First Lady)
23. “Don’t downplay what you’ve achieved because it makes others feel uncomfortable.” –Rachel Hollis (Author, motivational speaker)
24. “Confidence in yourself is built through acts of everyday courage.” –Mel Robbins (Lawyer, author, television host)
25. “Doubting yourself is normal. Letting it stop you is a choice.” –Mel Robbins (Lawyer, author, television host)
26. “When you learn how much you’re worth, you’ll stop giving people discounts.” –Karen Salmasohn (Author, designer)
27. “We need to understand that there is no formula for how women should lead their lives. That is why we must respect the choices that each woman makes for herself and her family. Every woman deserves the chance to realize her God-given potential.” — Hillary Clinton (First Lady)
28. “Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt (First Lady)
29. “Lean in, speak out, have a voice in your organization, and never use the word, ‘sorry’.” –Trish Bertuzzi (CEO The Bridge Group)
Short Boss Lady Mindset Quotes
Next, these quotes are short and sweet. They are excellent sayings to put on your phone or around your home.
31. “It’s not a failure if you enjoy the process.” –Oprah Winfrey (Producer, author, philanthropist)
32. “If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” –Beyonce (Award winning musician and actress)
33. “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” ― Coco Chanel (Founder of Chanel fashion)
34. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder (Founder Cosmetic Company)
35. “Compete with yourself, not with others.” ― Sophia Amoruso (Founder Nasty Gal, author)
36. “God is within her, she will not fall.” –Psalm 4:5-6
37. “It’s not about your resources. It’s about resourcefulness.” –Unknown
38. “Today I choose courage over comfort.” -Brene Brown (Professor, author)
39. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” — Steve Martin
40. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.” — Marie Forleo (Entrepreneur, author)
Funny Boss Lady Quotes
These quotes will make you laugh while uplifting you.
41. “I can be as high maintenance as I want. I’m the one paying the bills.”–Unknown
42. “People think at the end of the day that a man is the only answer to fulfillment. Actually, a job is better for me.” — Princess Diana (Activist)
43. “Decide what your currency is early. Let go of what you will never have. People who do this are happier and sexier.”–Amy Poehler (Comedian, author)
44. “A strong-minded woman is a different animal.” – Meryl Streep (Award winning actress)
45. “A woman is like a teabag. You can’t tell her how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt (First Lady)
46. “Does running my empire count as cardio?” –Unknown
47. “If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.” – Katharine Hepburn (Oscar winning actress)
48. “Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devils says ‘oh crap’ she’s up!” – unknown (Create this with an amazing morning routine)
49. If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.” – Margaret Thatcher (Prime Minister)
50. “My coach said I run like a girl. And I said if he ran a little faster he could to.” – Mia Hamm (World Cup & Olympic soccer player)
Motivational Boss Women Quotes
On the days when you need a little pep in your step, these positive boss women quotes will do the trick!
51. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another path.” –Dolly Parton (Award winning actress, philanthropist)
52. “Stay on your game and keep going for your dreams. The world needs that special gift that only you have.” — Marie Forleo (Entrepreneur, author)
53. “I just love bossy women. I could be around them all day. To me, bossy is not a pejorative term at all. It means somebody’s passionate and engaged and ambitious and doesn’t mind leading.” — Amy Poehler (Comedian, author)
54. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” — Dolly Parton (Award winning actress, philanthropist)
55. “Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently.” –Marie Forleo (Entrepreneur, author)
56. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” — Margaret Thatcher (Prime Minister)
57. “I don’t follow trends or try to compete with anyone. Everything I do stems from following my passion and my love for design.” — Guo Pei (Fashion designer)
58. “Often we don’t even realize who we’re meant to be because we’re so busy trying to live out someone else’s ideas. But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.” — Oprah Winfrey (Producer, author, philanthropist)
59. “Rooting for other people’s failure does get in the way of your success.” — Amy Poehler (Comedian, author)
60. “Women have always been the strong ones of the world.” — Coco Chanel (Founder of Chanel fashion)
61. “It is within everyone’s grasp to be a CEO.” — Martha Stewart (Businesswoman, Founder Living Omnimedia)
62. “If you’re too comfortable, it’s time to move on. Terrified of what’s next? You’re on the right track.” — Susan Fales Hill
63. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” — Rosalynn Carter (First Lady)
64. “Don’t give up, don’t take anything personally, and don’t take no for an answer.” –Sophia Amoruso (Founder Nasty Gal, author)
65. “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” — J. K. Rowling (Author, philanthropist)
66. “Buckle up, and know that it’s going to be a tremendous amount of work, but embrace it.” –Tory Burch (Fashion designer & CCO)
67. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” –Judy Garland (Actress)
68. “Growth is uncomfortable because you’ve never been here before. You’ve never been this version of you. So give yourself a little grace and breath through it.” –Kristin Lohr (Life Coach)
69. “If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.” –Erica Jong (Novelist)
70. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth has picked up her suitcase of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” –Shannon L. Alder (Therapist, author)
71. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart (Aviator)
72. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” – Louisa May Alcott (Author)
73. “In the future, there will be no female leaders, there will just be leaders.” – Sheryl Sandberg (Former COO of Facebook)
74. “In a world that wants women to whisper, I choose to yell.” – Luvvie Ajayi (Author and Speaker)
75. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they feel sorry for themselves.” – Barbara Corcoran (Investor, author, speaker)
Need help clarifying your vision? Don’t miss:
Inspirational Quotes For Female Boss
Next, these inspirational boss lady quotes help you reach your goals. If they can do it, so can you!
76. “I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse.” – Florence Nightingale (Statistician, Founder of modern nursing)
77. “If you’re frustrated because you’re not getting what you want, stop for a second: Have you actually flat-out asked for it? If you haven’t, stop complaining. You can’t expect the world to read your mind.“ – Sophia Amoruso (Founder Nasty Gal, author)
78. “Find something that you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” – Julia Child (Author, television personality)
79. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of the time we put in.” –Arianna Huffington (Co-Founder The Huffington Post)
80. “Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” –Sheryl Sandberg (COO Facebook)
81. “I’m not afraid of wanting money at all. Money will give me more power to do things that are truer to my spirit than what I’m already doing.” –Tyra Banks (Businesswoman, Model)
82. “There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” – unknown
83. “Find a sense of self because with that, you can do anything.” –Angelina Jolie (Award winning actress, philanthropist)
84. “The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past.” –Marie Kondo (Author, Organizing Consultant)
85. “We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.” –Whoopie Goldberg (Award winning actress)
86. “Say yes, and you’ll figure it out afterwards.” –Tina Fey (Comedian, author)
87. “Your intuition is more powerful than anyone else’s advice.” –Jamie Kern Lima (Founder & CEO of IT Cosmetics)
88. “Sometimes women entrepreneurs are their own challenge, in terms of believing in themselves. There is no need to apologize for being ambitious.” –Tory Burch (Fashion designer & CCO Tory Burch)
89. “I have never worked a day in my life without selling. If I believe in something, I sell it, and I sell it hard.” –Estee Lauder (Founder Cosmetic Company)
90. “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” – Ginni Rometty, CEO IBM
91. “Stop telling yourself you don’t know what to do. Yes, you do. Listen to your intuition and trust yourself.” — Katherine Sullivan (See success affirmations to help)
92. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” — Oprah Winfrey (Media mogul, philanthropist)
93. “There will never be a right time. Stop waiting and start doing. “ -Mel Robbins (Lawyer, author, television host)
94. “You can’t study to be an entrepreneur. Sometimes, you just have to jump.” – Barbara Corcoran (Investor, author, speaker)
95. “If you want it bad enough, you have to be willing to fight for it.” — Charlene Johnson (Author, speaker)
96. “Know that you can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed.” -Misty Copeland (American ballet dancer)
97. “I wake up every morning and think to myself, ‘how far can I push the company forward in the next 24 hours?” – Leah Busque Founder and CEO of TaskRabbit
98. “My best successes came on the heels of failures.” – Barbara Corcoran
99. “Trying to do it all and expecting it all can be done exactly right is a recipe for disappointment. Perfection is the enemy.
Gloria Steinem said it best: ‘You can’t do it all. No one can have two full-time jobs, have perfect children and cook three meals and be multi-orgasmic ’til dawn… Superwoman is the adversary of the women’s movement.’”– Sheryl Sandberg (Former COO of Facebook)
100. “Don’t waste a single second. Just move forward as fast as you can, and go for it.” – Rebecca Woodcock (Co-Founder & CEO of Cake Health)
Classy Business Woman Quotes
These quotes about being a boss lady are elegant and refined.
101. “When they go low, we go high.” — Michelle Obama (First Lady)
102. Behind every successful woman is a tribe of other successful women who have her back.” – unknown?
103. “Keep your heels, head, and standards high.” ― Coco Chanel (Founder of Chanel fashion)
104. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” –Oprah Winfrey (Producer, author, philanthropist)
105. “A woman’s best protection is money of her own.” — Clare Boothe Luce
106. “Abandon anything about your life and habits that might be holding you back. Learn to create your own opportunities.” — Sophia Amoruso (Founder Nasty Gal, author)
107. “I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.” – Lucille Ball
108. “My mission in life is to not merely survive but to thrive and do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
109. “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West (Actress, screenwriter)
110. “I alone can not change the world, but I can cast a stone upon the water to create many ripples.” – Mother Theresa (Nobel Peace Prize Recipient)
111. “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.” – Angelina Jolie (Award winning actress, philanthropist)
112.”Finding opportunity is a matter of believing it’s there.” – Barbara Corcoran (Investor, author, speaker)
113. “Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct.” – Barbara Corcoran (Investor, author, speaker)
114. “Women shouldn’t be afraid to put themselves forward.” – Sarah Wood (Cofounder and COO of Unruly Media)
115. “As a leader, it’s a major responsibility on your shoulders to practice the behavior you want others to follow.” – Himanshu Bhatia (Founder & CEO Rose International Inc)
A Few More Short Snappy Sayings
Finally, these short boss lady quotes are perfect when you need a quick shot of inspiration!
116. Don’t wish for it, work for it.
117. It’s easy to get there. It’s harder to stay there.
118. “Wake up beauty. It’s time to beast.”
119. “Starve your distractions, feed your focus.”
120. Ask yourself, does this add to what I’m trying to build?
121. If you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.
122. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
123. Your only limit is you.
124. Girl, you already have what it takes.
125. The best view comes after the hardest climb.
To Consider With Female Boss Lady Quotes
I hope you loved these boss babe quotes as much as we enjoyed putting them together! Which quotes do you find to be most uplifting and motivational? Leave a comment below and let me know!