What is your financial vision?
Looking for money vision board ideas to help you make your dreams a reality? This post not only has beautiful examples to motivate you, but you’ll get specific help for your financial goals too!
This post contains affiliate links, and we may earn a commission at no cost to you. See our disclaimer for more.
Quick Benefits of a Money Vision Board
A great vision board has a wealth of benefits. Here are just a few:
- It gives you clarity (what do you really want in your life?)
- It increases your resiliency and ability to solve problems
- It helps you let go of the past
- It enhances productivity, focus, and determination
- It makes you more optimistic (It’s hard to look at a vision board and not be hopeful)
How to Make a Money Vision Board
First, here are the exact steps for making a financial freedom vision board.
1. Brainstorm & Let Your Mind Run With It
First, spend a few moments writing down your biggest hopes and dreams around money. Think short-term and long-term. And, at this step, it’s important to simply dream without limiting yourself to what’s “possible.”
2. Narrow Down and Write Out Your Goals
Next, narrow down your brainstorm and choose the goals and words that fit your lifestyle best. When making goals, stick to 1-5.
Also, while you don’t have to write this specifically on your finance vision board, it helps to write SMART goals to go along with your board. That means you’re creating goals that are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely.
Learn more about financial smart goal setting here >>
Think Big: Your vision should be realistic, but also stretch you. Remember, if you shoot for the moon and miss, you'll still end up amongst the stars.
3. Gather Your Money Vision Board Materials
Next, gather anything you want to make your board. Your financial vision can include anything from images, to quotes, and success affirmations.
You may want any of these:
- A printer to print images
- Construction paper
- Large background/Corkboard
- Markers or fun pens
- Push pins or magnets
In this step it’s time to find what inspires you most! These images and words should represent your financial goals. When you look at them, they stir an emotional chord within you.
Bonus Tip: Include both goals and images of overcoming possible challenges.
And finally, this step is incredibly important. Put your dream board in a place where you see it every single day. Two months from now (when you’re feeling less motivated), that vision board will be standing there sturdy and strong, to help you get through the challenging moments.
Vision Board Examples For Financial Freedom
Next, check out financial vision examples to get you thinking about the right type of visuals for you.
1. Invest in Your Future Board
These polaroid images and post-its are unique and fun. Why not even include pictures of yourself?
2. Financially Fit Vision Board
One of the main quotes in this picture frame board says it all…
3. Digital Money Vision Board
Do you prefer to create your vision board online? No worries! You can easily make great digital money vision boards with a free account in Canva. This took less than 10 minutes.
4. Feed Your Mind Dream Board
I love the combination of words and images on this large money vision board. It’s also highly specific! The creator knows exactly what they’re going after.
5. Scrapbook Style Money Vision Board
This unique vision board scrapbook is pretty and elegant. If you prefer texture instead of photos, this is a great idea to try.
6. Living the Dream Motivational Money Board
What does it look like to live your dream? Larger-than-life photos make this money vision board a great one to use as a model.
7. Movie Vision Board
Because visualization is all about seeing yourself in motion, a short digital movie may be just what you need to “step” into your financial dreams. What do you think? You can make one on Canva.
8. Focus Dream Board
Next, this finance vision board is feminine, calming, and extremely motivating.
9. Wall Vision Board
What if your vision took up an entire wall? How inspiring to work or wake up to your highest goals and dreams every day!
10. Make Your Own Vision Board Book
This do it yourself book has stunning images. It’s a custom way to create your own board. And you’ll have no problem envisioning yourself in the photos!
40 Finance Vision Board Ideas
What should be on a money vision board? Here are excellent ideas to consider!
Money Vision Board Ideas
- Eliminate your debt or pay off a specific loan
- Save more
- Pick up a side hustle
- Create passive income
- Start a budget (try the 60 20 20 rule here)
- Pay for part of college for someone
- Find a financial advisor or mentor
- Build an emergency fund
- Put money into an HSA
- Make a will
- Rebalance your portfolio
- Save for a wedding or other big event
- Retire early
*Know the key difference between rich vs wealthy to help!
Work & Business Vision Board Ideas
- Get your dream job
- How you’ll add more value to your customers
- Specific targets for revenue, products, and key indicators
- Pay off business debt
- Develop a business plan to follow through on your vision
- Improve profit margins
- Re-invest in the business
- Work hours and culture
- What types of projects you want to pursue
- What your office looks like and where it’s located
- Earn an award or recognition
- Build better communication practices
See more specific vision board ideas for your business here >>
Personal Development Goals
These ideas boost both your personal life and professional life together.
- Read financial books or incorporate more financial learning into your life
- Get up early
- Establish a millionaire morning routine (or night routine)
- Begin a gratitude practice
- Say daily affirmations for success
- Have better focus and productivity
- Attend a conference or mastermind
- Start a regular visualization practice (could simply be sitting with your vision board once a week!)
- Simplify your life, simplify your finances
- Increase your self-discipline
The Results of Wealth Building
While it’s important to focus on the actions that bring you security and wealth, don’t forget to include the exciting part!
What will your improved financial position bring? Will you smile more? Buy your dream house? When the going gets tough, you’ll need these “why” answers to be ready!
- Time with your family
- Give more to causes you believe in
- Own your dream house
- Own your dream car
- Explore a new career path or project
- Take extended time off
Need help narrowing down your ideas? Try asking yourself specific financial questions to make it clearer.
Quick Money Vision Board Checklist
Now that you have great examples and ideas, go through this quick checklist. It ensures your board is ready for action.
~My financial goals are specific and defined.
~My goals force me to stretch my limits.
~My images match my goals and are inspiring to me.
~My money dream board is in a location I pass often.
~I mentally see myself following through on the actions of my board.
~I spend time each day visualizing with my dream board.
~When I visualize, I get as detailed as possible and use multiple senses.
To Consider With Your Financial Vision Board
While a vision board isn’t a “magic pill” to accomplishing everything you want, it’s the first step to clarifying and focusing your life. Besides, how can you know what your heart desires if you never stop to think about it?
What goals are you longing to accomplish? Leave a comment and let us know what’s on your money vision board this year.
More Financial posts you’ll love…
- Key Steps to Get Ahead Economically
- 70 20 10 Budget Rule Template
- 100 Budget Categories List (to start your new budget!)